Is Blogging Worth It? 5 Powerful Reasons To Start A Blog
In today’s time and age, blogging has become one of the most useful tools for marketing. Writing blogs (or outsourcing them to experts like us) is a simple way to create a dynamic and engaging presence online by sharing your thoughts, experiences, expertise, and opinions to a wide audience on a regular basis. By writing informative and insightful blog posts, you can attract new customers while also strengthening your relationship with existing ones. Plus, blogging can even help you build a following of like-minded individuals who are interested in what you have to say. If what we’ve just said has got you thinking, “Is blogging worth it? then this blog could answer your question!
Is Blogging Really Worth it?
Before diving into the reasons as to why you should become a blogger and how to start a blog, you probably must be wondering if investing your time and energy into blogging is really worth it. A simple answer? Yes, it is! Not only is it a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world, but it can also be a great way to make some extra money online. Moreover, blogging can also be an excellent way to promote and raise awareness about your business.
Is Blogging Still Popular?
Are blogs still relevant? Is blogging dead? Is blogging still worth it in 2022? Is blogging worth the money? All of these are legit questions, and honestly, it depends on what your goals are. Are you blogging just for fun? Trying to raise awareness about your brand? Or are you trying to promote your brand? You need to first ask yourself what kind of blog you want to start and what area of expertise you wish to cover. Let’s take a closer look at why is blogging still relevant and how you can start your very own blog and ensure that your hard work pays off!
How To Start A Blog
- Pick a blog name: Choose a descriptive name for your blog that resonates with you and your brand/business. Be creative and list down names that you would like to choose from.
- Register your blog online: Create an account on a popular blogging platform like Wix or WordPress and start hosting!
- Customize your blog: Try out various templates, themes, and layouts and customize your blog to align with your brand’s aesthetics.
- Write & publish your blog: Start writing and publish your blog for others to read, comment, and share! Remember to create catchy blog post titles and generate meta descriptions, including keywords for SEO purposes.
- Promote your blog: Get people to read your blog with effective social media strategies. Alert your inner circle or use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to promote your content. And remember – post regularly!
- Make money online with affiliate marketing: After putting in the effort of creating a blog and promoting it, you need to monetize. One popular way to do so is through affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is when you promote products from a business, and once a reader clicks on the affiliate link for the product and purchases it, you get a commission.
Related Read: Blogging Niche: How To Pick A Niche For Your Blog
5 Powerful Reasons To Blog
1. To Inspire Your Targeted Audience
Nowadays, online users want fast and accurate answers to their problems and like to consume content that is easy to read and understand. Thus, your blog post title and content must be catchy and accurate at the same time. Being able to inspire and help your target audience via writing is definitely worth it. And when people respond to your work in positive ways, you automatically have an influence over them. Through your blogs, you let people know who you are, what you do, and why they should invest their time in your business.
2. Learn New Skills
At first, you might experience a few hiccups and think, “Is blogging worth it after all?” But as they say, “The more you read, the more you learn”. The content you write about also builds your knowledge, and after spending a considerable amount of time researching, writing, and reading, writing a blog will seem much easier and take up less of your time. Blogging can help you learn so many new skills too. For example, you can master the art of:
- Designing for WordPress
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Creating online graphics
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Blog content management system
3. Establish Your Brand
If you have just started a business or are looking for new ways to build your brand identity, then blogging could be the way to go! You can start a blog and write about who you are, what your brand is, and what you sell or do. Blogging is a great way to build your brand’s identity and gain recognition in your niche. Use your writing to offer value to your readers and become recognizable in your industry/area of expertise.
4. Make Money Online
Why is blogging still worth it? Well, it’s a great way to generate income! However, it is not that easy. Those who have succeeded as bloggers have been honing their craft for years and experimenting to see what works best. Hence, choosing a profitable niche for your blog is a good place to start. A popular way to make money online with blogging is through affiliate marketing. You could write blog posts with reviews about products that you are an affiliate for. Getting long-term and high/organic traffic to your affiliate posts can definitely be worth the hard work, as commissions are pretty high.
Our tip: To make your blog work for you, include links inside your post to any products that you might be selling on your website.
5. Meet New People
There is no denying that once you start a blog, it exposes you to a wide community of new people. As you target your audience with a specific category of blogs, you will find a huge community to go with it. People will start gaining interest in you and might show a desire to pick your brain about something nobody else could answer for them or simply like to get to know you better. Becoming a blogger is a great way to meet new people online, and if you have a business-focused blog, you might end up booking new clients as well!
Our tip: If you are writing blogs for your business, you need to produce content that answers the search intent for your business. This is where SEO plays an important role.
How To Create A 5-Star blog
Like we said before, a blog is the perfect way to let your target audience know who you are and what you deliver. It gives you the opportunity to showcase your personality, your beliefs/core values, and your photography style. Also, a blog doubles up as an additional portfolio for clients to see your work on display and can serve as the tipping point for choosing you as their photographer! Here are some tips for creating a successful photography blog:
- Choose evergreen topics: Once you know what kind of blog posts you want to create, pick topics that your potential clients and clients can relate to any time of the year. For example, if you are a wedding/engagement photographer, topics like “How To Prepare For Your Upcoming Engagement Session”, “Best Wedding Venues in Columbus”, “5 Mistakes To Avoid While Planning Your Wedding”, etc could prove to be useful to couples planning their big day. Try writing on topics that will generate huge traffic even after weeks and months from the published date. Most blogging platforms like WordPress have Google Analytics plugin. We’d highly recommend that you learn how to check blog traffic using Google Analytics to keep a track of what’s working for you and what isn’t.
- Make it engaging: People are more likely to connect with your writing if: – A. it is helping them in some way. B. They can relate to it. C. It’s easy to read, and this is why your blogs should be informative, professional yet fun at the same time. No matter how helpful your blog is, it’s not going to perform well if people have a hard time reading it and can’t get past the intro.
- Include keywords: One of the most important parts of successful blogging is incorporating relevant keywords. Writing for SEO is a crucial part of blogging strategy as it makes your blog more visible, and that means more traffic and more opportunities for you to convert prospects into customers.
As you can see, there are many reasons to start a blog. Not only will you learn new skills and make money online, but through blogging, you’ll also be able to build your brand identity and raise awareness about your brand. One of the main benefits of blogging is that it can be very profitable. If you are able to produce high-quality content, you can attract a large audience, which can eventually lead to monetizing your blog. In fact, many businesses make money solely through their blogs. This is because people are always looking for information, and if they enjoy your content, they are likely to come back for more.
At Fotoskribe, we aim to help businesses like yours grow their online presence by delivering smart and meaningful content that engages your audience. And we do it in a way that gets Google’s attention. For more information on how we can help – check out our pricing plans.